Convened by: Prof. Susan Brison (Dartmouth/Princeton) and Prof. Kath Gelber (University of Queensland)
Registration is required.
Please contact Susan Brison () to register and to receive a link to the papers.
• “The Regulation of Lies in Speech and Elections” – James Weinstein (Law, Arizona State)
• “Essential Preconditions for Speech in the Digital Age” –Danielle Citron (Law, Maryland) and Neil Richards (Law, Washington University)
• “Cursing, Swearing and Disparaging”–Richard Brooks (Law, NYU)
• “More on the More Speech Response”–Mary Kate McGowan (Philosophy, Wellesley)
• “Offensive Speech and Civility: the Role of Social Norms”–Stephen Macedo (Politics, Princeton)
• “Differentiating Harm from Offense”–Kath Gelber (Politics, University of Queensland)
Co-Sponsored by the University Center for Human Values and the Center for Information Technology Policy.