Princeton Area Dining and Shopping
- Peacock Inn, 20 Bayard Lane, Princeton, 609.924.1707
Pricey American mosaic cuisine, with seasonal and local ingredients. Located in the iconic Peacock Inn Hotel.
- Mistral, 66 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.688.8808
Small-plate cafe-style restaurant.
- Agricola, 11 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.921.2798
Farm-to-table rustic American restaurant, features fresh and seasonal ingredients handpicked from local farms.
- Elements, 66 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.924.0078 The seasonally driven menu changes daily.
Bar and Pub
- Triumph Brewing Company, 138 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.924.7855
- The Alchemist and Barrister, 28 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.924.5555
- Yankee Doodle Tap Room, 10 Palmer Square East, Princeton, 609.921.7500. Located in the historic Nassau Inn, Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Metro North Bar and Grill, 378 Alexander Road, Princeton, 609.454.3121
- Winberie’s Restaurant and Bar, 1 Palmer Square East, Princeton, 609.921.0700
- Ivy Inn, 248 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.921.8555
Dive bar, music, karaoke, quizzo.
- Ajiten, 11 Chambers Street, Princeton, 609.252.1258
The chef/owner Koji Kitamura used to work at Nobu.
- Hunan Chinese Restaurant, 157 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.921.6950
- Kung Fu Tea and Noodle House, 80 Nassau Street, Princeton; 732.248.0400
Vietnamese tea and noodle house
- Lan Ramen, 4 Hulfish Street, Princeton, 609.356.0383
- Lil Thai Pin, 180 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.279.9000
- Nassau Sushi,179 Nassau Street; Princeton, NJ; 609.497.3275
- Sakura Express, 43 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.430.1180
Sushi on a student budget.
- Soonja’s Cuisine, 244 Alexander Street, Princeton; 609.924.9260
- Tiger Noodles, 252 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.252.0663 Americanized Chinese food.
- Tomo Sushi, 236 Nassau Street; Princeton; 609.924.8478
Inexpensive sushi. A popular takeout spot, especially for lunch.
- ,99 University Place, 772.4934
Upscale French brasserie, located in the old Dinky train cargo hold.
- Jammin’ Crepes,10 Nassau Street, 924.5387
French-style crepes/locally-sourced, organic ingredients.
Greek / Middle Eastern
- Chennai Chimney, 19 Chambers Street, Princeton; 608.0104
- Spice Grill, 182 Nassau Street, Princeton; 250.7152
- Cross Culture, 301 North Harrison Street, Princeton; 609.688.9400
- Teresa Caffe, 21 Palmer Square East, Princeton; 609.921.1974
- Mediterra, 29 Hulfish Street, Princeton; 609.252.9680
Upscale Mediterranean restaurant.
- La Mezzaluna, 25 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.688.8515
Upscale, fine, classically-influenced Italian dining.
Mexican and Spanish
- Chapin Restaurant, 146 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.924.5772
Guatemalan and Mexican takeout joint/superior tacos and guacamole
- Tortuga’s Mexican Village, 41 Leigh Avenue, Princeton; 609.924.5143
- Nomad Pizza, 301 North Harrison Street, Princeton; 609.285.5187
Pizzaiolo Tom Grim serves up Neapolitan-style artisan pizza.
- Jule’s Thin Crust Pizza, 18 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.759.0082
- Conte’s, 339 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.921.8041 Neighborhood pizzeria with a thin, crispy crust.
Sandwiches and Deli
- Olives Deli and Bakery, 22 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.921.1569
A great take-out spot for fresh salads, baked goods, hot specials, and first-rate sandwiches.
- Say Cheez, 183D Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.924.2454
- Hoagie Haven, 242/244 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.921.7723
- PJs Pancake House, 154 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.924.1353
Be prepared to wait in long lines for Sunday brunch.
Steakhouse and Grill
- Witherspoon Grill, 57 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.924.6011
American steakhouse with an upscale bar scene and nice outdoor seating.
Other Eats and Drinks
- Terra Momo Bread Company, 74 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.688.0188, Freshly baked breads and treats.
- Chez Alice Gourmet Cafe & Bakery, 5 Palmer Square West, Princeton, 609.921.6760 Awesome desserts and pastries.
- House of Cupcakes, 30 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.924.0085
Beautifully decorated cupcakes, with dozens of flavors.
- The Little Chef Pastry Shop, 8 South Tulane Street, Princeton, 609.924.5335, Hole-in-the-wall French bakery.
Coffee, Tea, and Juice
- Small World Coffee, 14 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.924.4377
- Cafe Vienna, 200 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.924.5100
- Arlee’s Raw Blends, 246 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.954.9690
Raw, organic, cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juice.
- Starbucks,100 Nassau Street, Princeton, 609.279.9204
Ice Cream / Desserts
- Bent Spoon, 35 Palmer Square West, Princeton; 609.924.2368
Artisan ice cream and sorbet.
- Halo Fete / Halo Pub, 9 Hulfish Street, Princeton; 609.921.1710
Extremely fresh ice cream, made at a local dairy—the Halo farm.
- Thomas Sweet, 183 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.683.8720
Princeton’s oldest ice cream parlor.
- Thomas Sweet Chocolates, 29 Palmer Square West, Princeton; 609.924.7222
- Fruity Yogurt,166 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.921.8787
Non-fat frozen yogurt, smoothies, shaved ice, and bubble tea.
- Lindt Chocolatier, 68 Palmer Square West, Princeton; 609.279.1899
A great place to pick up a gift box of chocolates.
Wine and Liquor
- Princeton Corkscrew Wine Shop, 49 Hulfish Street, Princeton; 609.430.1200 Great selection, helpful staff.
- Public Wine, Beer and Spirits, 23 Witherspoon Street, Princeton; 609.924.0750
Conveniently located across from many BYOs.
- Varsity Liquor, 234 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.924.0836
- Princeton Wine and Liquor,174 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.924.0279
Farm and Farmers’ Markets
- Terhune Orchards, 320 Cold Soil Road, Princeton, 609.924.2310
Pick your own apples, peaches, berries, pumpkins, and flowers.
- Cherry Grove Farm, (3200 Route 206, Lawrenceville, 609.219.0053
The farm has free-range, certified organic cows, chickens, pigs, hand-crafted cheese.
- Princeton Farmers’ Market, 55 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, 609.924.8431
Fresh picked locally produced food. Schedule varies by season.
Gourmet / Specialty Food Markets
- D’Angelo Italian Market, 35 Spring Street, 609.921.0404
Excellent gourmet Italian market.
- Olsson’s Fine Foods, 53 Palmer Square West, Princeton, 609.924.2210
Fromagerie and gourmet food shop, with over 200 cheeses.
- Nassau Street Seafood and Produce Company, 256 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.921.0620 Best place to buy fresh seafood.
Grocery / Supermarket
- McCaffrey’s Food Market (Princeton Shopping Center), 301 N. Harrison Street, Princeton; (609) 683-1600. This is the closest large grocery store.
- Wegmans, 240 Nassau Park Blvd., Princeton; 609.919.9300
Also a liquor store, conveniently attached to the supermarket.
- Trader Joe’s, 3258 Route 1 North, Princeton; 609.897.0581
- Whole Foods, 3495 Route 1 South, Princeton; 609.799.2919
- Whole Earth Center, 360 Nassau Street, Princeton; 609.924.7421
- WaWa, 140 University Place, Princeton; 609.921.3677
- Princeton Shopping Center is approximately a 20-30 minute walk or a five minute drive. PSC offers over 40 shops and restaurants. From Nassau Street go north and take a left on Harrison Street. The shopping center will be on your right a few blocks down.
- Market Fair Mall is located at 3535 US-1, Princeton. You can also access Market Fair Mall off of Canal Point.
- Quakerbridge Mall is the closest a regular full-service mall located at 3320 Brunswick Pike, Lawrence Township.
- CVS, 172 Nassau Street, Princeton; (609) 683-1337. It is the closest drug store and located between Moore Street and Vandeventer Avenue (Washington going the other way).
- Walgreens, 301 N. Harrison Street Princeton (Princeton Shopping Center); (609) 924-6125.