Summer 2021 application information to be announced.
Summer Stipend (eight weeks)
Host Agency Description
- Government agencies like The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and their state and local counterparts have a unique mission to protect consumers and promote competition. In recent years, they have been at the vanguard of regulating the practices of technology companies. Their work in this area includes conducting investigations and bringing law enforcement actions against companies and individuals that violate the law. Some agencies also develop rules to ensure a vibrant marketplace, and educate consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.
- We will work to match students with agencies based on the student’s interests and the agencies’ needs. Students do not need to independently apply to the agencies for a position.
- Strong interest in technology policy
- Some computer programming experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience assisting with research
- Rising juniors and seniors from universities that are members of the PIT-UN network. Click here for the list of universities that are members.
Expected Start Time
Expected End Time
- June – August (exact dates TBA)
- Washington, D.C, New York, San Francisco, Denver, Austin, Boston
- We will provide accommodation in Princeton, but each student is responsible for finding his or her own housing during their fellowship. There are plenty of apartments to sublet for the summer as well as some dorm accommodations at nearby universities. Note that some agencies require US citizenship.