Princeton TechSoc Reading Group
The Princeton TechSoc Reading Group is dedicated to exploring the interrelationships between technology and society, with an emphasis on IT policy issues. Subscribe here to the email list. During the semester, the Princeton TechSoc Reading Group will meet on the following Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in 306 Sherrerd Hall:
- September 24 – Discussion regarding ethical and policy questions around data brokers, including the proposed Data Broker List Act of 2019.
- October 8 – Competition and Big Tech, hosted by Mihir Kshirsagar.
- October 22 – Dr. Seth Lazar will join us for a discussion of his scholarship on the social value of explanation in AI.
- November 5 – Smart Cities
- November 19 – Dr. Finn Brunton will join us to discuss his book Digital Cash: The Unknown History of the Anarchists, Utopians, and Technologists Who Created Cryptocurrency.
- December 3 – Privacy, Surveillance, and Data Governance in Education